Gordon & Silber has specialized in the defense of complex medical malpractice cases since the firm’s inception in 1974.
- Retained in over 5,000 medical malpractice cases, with approximately 500 current matters.
- Counsel to virtually all of the largest insurers of physicians in New York State, including , Physicians’ Reciprocal Insurers, Medical Liability Mutual Insurance Company, Federation of Jewish Philanthropies (FOJP) and Medical Malpractice Insurance Pool.
- G&S represents various hospitals including Mount Sinai Medical Center, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, Montefiore Medical Center, Peninsula Hospital, Phelps Memorial Medical Center and Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital.
- Committed to developing close professional relationships with the medical practitioners we defend.
- Attorneys with an in-depth understanding of the medicine.
- An array of in house medical resources, including full time nurse paralegals, state-of-the-art medical library and access to experts in every medical field.
- Partners with particular expertise in the defense of psychiatrists and ophthalmologists.
- Unparalleled experience in the field of dental malpractice.
- Sub-speciality in professional licensing and misconduct hearings.
- Charter Participant in 2010 New York State Medical Liability Reform and Patient Safety Pilot Program.
Edward Dondes Obtains Trial Verdict in favor of Hospital and Electrophysiologist
Dawn Adelson’s Cross-Examination of Plaintiff’s Expert Leads to Rare Discontinuance in Middle of Trial, in a Claim Against an Eye Surgeon
Arthur Cohen Obtains Verdict in Favor of Hospital and Physician In Claim For Death of Patient After Surgical Placement of a Vena Cava Filter
Ed Dondes Obtains Jury Verdict in Favor of Orthopedic Surgeon For Failure to Treat Infection
G&S Obtains Defense Verdict in Tough Eye Case Involving Multiple Surgeries
Patrick Mevs Obtains Dismissal of Claim Based on Defective Service of Process
Steve Mutz Obtains Dismissal of Med-Mal Wrongful Death Action for Lack of Jurisdiction
Arthur Cohen Obtains Defense Verdict in Medical Malpractice Action for Hospital
Sandy Gold Obtains Trial Verdict on Behalf of Ophthalmologist
Ed Dondes Obtains Trial Verdict on behalf of Surgeon in Bronx County Medical Malpractice Action
Ed Dondes Obtains Defense Verdict in Brain Damaged Baby Case for Neonatologist and Pediatricianin
Ed Dondes Obtains Defense Verdict for OBGYN Clients
Gordon & Silber Obtains Summary Judgment on Behalf of Anesthesiologists and Hospital in Claim of Negligent Intubation
Yanique Burke Obtained Summary Judgment on Behalf of Doctors and Hospital in Wrongful Death Action
Ed Dondes Obtains Defense Verdict